Membership Access Program
The Sciencenter wants to ensure that all children living in our local community, regardless of financial means, have the ability to visit the museum often and to forge personal connections with science.
Through the Sciencenter's Membership Access Program, regular Sciencenter family memberships are available—free of charge—to families with children who qualify for free or reduced-cost lunch at school, and who reside in Tompkins or surrounding Upstate New York counties. Sciencenter membership includes free admission to the Sciencenter for an entire year, plus other great benefits!
The Membership Access Program is made possible by gifts made to the Sciencenter Annual Fund.
To make a gift to the Sciencenter Annual Fund, use our secure online gift form or contact Christine Bissen, Director of Advancement, at 607.272.0600, ext. 19.
- Free one-year Sciencenter Family memberships are available to any family that meets the following eligibility requirements:
- Children qualify for free or reduced-priced lunch at school and a photocopy of the school's free/reduced price lunch confirmation letter is provided at the time of application for a Sciencenter membership.
- Family resides in Tompkins County or in one of these surrounding counties: Cortland, Cayuga, Seneca, Schuyler, Chemung, Tioga.
- Sciencenter memberships and other member benefits are not transferable to others and may not be used to offset group admission fees for schools or other organizations.
Sciencenter members are asked to provide a photo ID along with your membership card when you check in at the admission desk. This policy reflects those in place at many other museums participating in the ASTC and ACM reciprocal museum admission programs, and it protects your membership from unauthorized use.
- Family memberships apply to parents and their children residing in the same household.
- An adult cardholder must accompany children under the age of 12.
Questions about eligibility or program guidelines? Please contact Agata Okulicz-Kozaryn, Advancement Coordinator, at 607.272.0600 ext. 18.
Family Member Benefits
All Sciencenter members receive these benefits:
- Free Sciencenter admission for one year
- Free admission to more than 300 other science museums worldwide
(Please check this list of participating science museums before you visit.)
- Invitations to members-only events
- Discounts on programs, Galaxy Golf passes and birthday parties
- 10% off purchases at Sciencenter Take-Out, the Sciencenter Store
- Free enrollment for children in the Birthday Club and a free birthday gift
- Free subscription to quarterly publication, SciencenterNews
- Free monthly eNews and Events Calendar
- Click on the following link to access the Membership Access Application Form.
- Print the Membership Access Application form and complete it.
- Obtain a photocopy of the letter you received from your child's school confirming his/her participation in the school free/reduced price lunch program to your application form.
- Mail your completed application (form and accompanying letter) to:
Membership Access Program
601 1st Street
Ithaca, NY 14850
- Please allow two weeks for processing your new membership. Your membership is active as soon as you receive your membership cards and welcome packet.