Spin wheels and zoom into the nanoscale! Move your body—dissolve a crystal and stretch a molecule! Create a pattern, then shrink it! Challenge yourself—can you transport atoms in motion? Build molecular models and giant carbon nanotubes. Use your senses: discover how you can detect invisible molecules with just your nose. Find out how nanotechnology affects our lives.
Zoom Into Nano is a hands-on interactive exhibition focusing on how scientists see and make things that are too small to see. Nanoscale science and engineering are methods of manipulating materials on the molecular scale to generate very, very small structures and devices.
- Designed for 8-13-year-olds and families
- Funded by NSF
- Partner: Cornell University
- Size: 4,000-5,000 sq. ft.
- Rental Fee: Negotiable; call 607-272-0600 ext. 28 for details
- Shipping: fits in 2 semi-trailers