When the Earth Shakes
Enjoy this easy-to-install exhibition about the science of earthquakes and earthquake engineering!
Jump on the Quake Karaoke platform while attempting to match an historic earthquake seismogram! Complete Puzzled Earth, the plate tectonic puzzle, before time runs out and the pieces fall! Spin through geologic history using the video Spin Browser to see continents move and re-form! See where global earthquakes happen on the Seismic Monitor, updated hourly-- hundreds occur every week! Watch fast-paced videos of real engineers working to make our world safer. Be an earthquake engineer as you design and build structures to withstand earthquakes on a shake table.
- Designed for: a family audience.
- Funded by: National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Size: 800+ sq.ft.
- Rental Fee: $13,500 for 3-1/2 months
- Shipping: fills half of one semi-trailer
- Exhibit descriptions and photographs: download PDF