Sciencenter Spooky Science
Free Halloween Community Event
Friday, October 26, 6-8:30 pm
Visit the Sciencenter–in costume–for this annual free community event. Explore tricked-out exhibits and experience a full line-up of special presentations, demonstrations and activities.
PLEASE NOTE: The museum will close at 4 pm on Friday, October 26, in preparation for Spooky Science and will reopen from 6 pm to 8:30 pm for the free community event.Additional parking will be available at Neighborhood Pride Market, located one block from the Sciencenter.
Creatures of the Night: 6:15, 6:45, 7:15, 7:45 pm
Meet a variety of reptiles, amphibians, and invertebrates, and other creepy creatures of the night (and day) with Dan the Snakeman.
Chemistry Tricks & Treats: 6:30, 7:00, 7:30 pm
Are you prepared for weird science? The Ithaca College Chemistry Club will share tricks and treats of chemistry.
Creepy Crawlies: Ongoing, 6:00 - 8:15pm
Meet a variety of creepy crawly insects with Heather Connely.
On-going Activities - 6:00 - 8:15 pm
- Bleeding Paper: Use chemistry to make golden paper "bleed" red.
- Dem Bones: The leg bone's connected to the hip bone. Piece together a shaking skeleton puppet.
- Ghostly Slime: Create a spooky concoction!
- NEW! Invisible "Candy": Discover how to make special "candies" disappear without eating them and learn how researchers are trying to use this science to make real invisibility cloaks
- Shrieking Cups: Listen to the shreiking sounds coming from this craft.
- Spooky Messages:Write secret messages that can only be seen under black lights and investigate what other everyday materials glow.
- NEW! Squishy Glow Worms: Make your own squishy glow worms by using only two liquids.
- Tricky Sticks: Fool your eyes with a trick-or-treat illusion.
- NEW! Spooky Time! at the Spooky Corner: Special Spooky Science programming for our younger audience (4 and under).
- Fortune Tellers' Tent: Discover what your scientific future holds.
Grand Finale - 8:30pm
Raffle drawing - 8:30pm. Buy your tickets at the front desk!
Then join us for a thrilling end to Spooky Science in the Emerson Science Park!
Spooky Science is made possible with the generous support of: