Sciencenter 30th Anniversary Scavenger Hunt
The Sciencenter invites the community to celebrate science in Ithaca by participating in a 30th Anniversary Scavenger Hunt, open to the public for 30 days, September 20 – October 20.
The unique scavenger hunt will include a variety of questions and challenges. Participants will embark on a fact-finding mission around Ithaca, conducting science activities and learning historical facts about the Sciencenter.
"Everyone is going to enjoy this community-based scavenger hunt. It's easy and packed with fun science activities for the entire family," said Charlie Trautmann, Executive Director.
Starting Friday, September 20 at 10 am, the form can be picked up at the Sciencenter front desk, or downloaded here.
Participants will have 30 days to complete the scavenger hunt - all entries must be submitted by October 20.
You can drop your entry off in person, scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail it directly to Sciencenter Scavenger Hunt, 601 1st Street, Ithaca, NY 14850.
Those with all the correct answers will be entered into a raffle to win prizes.
- Grand Prize: An exclusive tour of the Ithaca Police Department's Criminal Investigations Unit including a guide through a "crime scene" equipped with real-life tools that investigators use in the field on Thursday, November 7, 5 - 7pm, plus a one-year Cosmos level membership (the Sciencenter's most comprehensive membership level).
- First Prize: A one-year Cosmos level membership, plus a $15 gift certificate to Sciencenter Take-Out, The Museum Store.
- Second Prize: A one-year Family level membership, plus a $5 gift certificate to Sciencenter Take-Out, The Museum Store.
- Third Prize: A $30 gift certificate to Sciencenter Take-Out, The Museum Store.
- Five Runners-Up: A Sciencenter aluminum water bottle with sports cap.
By entering, participants agree to the following guidelines:
- Anyone who completes and correctly answers the questions on the Sciencenter 30th Anniversary Scavenger Hunt entry form will be entered into a drawing for prizes.
- Winners will be drawn at random starting Monday, October 28
- Winners will be contacted via telephone/email - if winner does not respond within 24 hours of initial contact a new winner will be drawn.
- Date and time of tour is firm and cannot be rescheduled - if grand prize winner is unable to attend the tour, the Sciencenter draws a new winner
- Sciencenter staff, board, and their immediate families are not eligible to win.
- Prizes are not transferrable and have no cash value.