- Ballard, Carol. Exploring Sound (How Does Science Work?). Powerkids Press. 2008.
- Gershator, Phillis. Listen, Listen! Barefoot Books. 2007.
- Glaser, Jason. Ear Infections (First Facts). Capstone Press, 2006
- Glover, David. Sound and Light (Young Discoverers: Science Facts and Experiments). Kingfisher. 2002
- Hewitt, Sally. Hearing Sounds (It's Science). Orchard/Watts group. 2000.
- Landau, Elaine. The Sense of Hearing (True books). Children's Press. 2008.
- Litchfield, Ada Basset. A button in her ear (concept book). Albert Whitman & company. 1976.McGovern, Ann. Too Much Noise. Sandpiper. 1992.
- Nankivell-Aston, Sally and Dot Jackson. Science Experiments with Sound. Frank Watts Ltd. 2003.
- Pffefer, Wendy. Sounds All Around (Let's Read and Find out Science). Collins. 1998
- Purton, Michael. I can Make Music: Simple-to-make and fun-to-play musical instruments for young children (Show-Me-How). Lorenz. 2000.
- Rau, Dana Meachen. Shhh: A book about hearing (Amazing Body). Picture Window Books. 2005.
- Rosinsky, Natalie M. Sound: Loud, soft, high, and low (Amazing Science). Picture Window books. 2004.
- Showers, Paul, and Aliki. The Listening Walk. Harper Collins, 1993.
- Silverstein, Alvin and Virginia Silverstein and Laura Silverstein Nunn. Earaches (My health, Sagebrush). Children's Press. 2002.
- Snow, Peggy. My Favorite sounds from A to Z (my favorites). Maren Green Publishing. 2007.
- Wiseman, Ann Sayre and John Wisestaff. Making Music. Storey Publishing, LLC. 2003.
- Luntz, Frank I. Words that Work, revised, updated edition: It's not what you say, it's what people hear. Hyperion. 2006.