While we cannot guarantee that reserving a time will mean that you get into the Sciencenter at the exact time you requested, we do our very best to make that happen. Reservations are also given priority over walk-ins if there is a wait to get into the museum. Thank you for your understanding!
[COVID – OPEN INFORMATION]
The health and safety of our visitors, staff, and community remains our top priority. That’s why the Sciencenter will look different now that we’re open. With health and safety top of mind, and following NY State’s guidelines for Phase 4 reopening of outdoor and indoor entertainment, we’ve decided to keep a significant portion of the Sciencenter closed for the time being.
You might be wondering what this means for your visit. Take a look at our Safety Protocols .
The following areas are OPEN:
- Saltonstall Animal Room (capacity will be limited to 7 guests at a time)
- Tide Pool Touch Tank (for observation or facilitated programming at select times)
- Richardson Gallery (downstairs) with exhibits that are touchless
- Sciencenter store
- Science Playground (weather dependent)
- Some water exhibits
- Curiosity Corner (select days & hours)
The following areas are CLOSED for the time being:
- Discovery Space
- Mini-golf (closed for the season)
- Blue Blocks
- Community Room
- High-touch exhibits
- Vending machine and water fountains
This also means that we ask guests to reserve their time to visit the Sciencenter prior to arriving at the museum. Reservations can be made here. Walk-ins will be permitted as space allows.
Thank you for your support of the Sciencenter.
If you have any questions, feel free to send us an email to email@example.com!
|Wednesday - Saturday||10:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|Sunday||12:00 - 4:00 pm|
|Mini-Golf||Closed for the season|
The museum is OPEN on the following national holidays:
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Indigenous Peoples’ Day (Columbus Day)
- Veterans Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Presidents Day
Contact us for Monday hours during school breaks.
The museum is CLOSED:
- New Year’s Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Contact us for Monday hours during school breaks.
|Kids Under 2||FREE|
We accept cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.
Children under 12 must be accompanied by someone age 16+
Museums for All: Show your EBT card and photo ID for $1 admission for each member of your household. See the complete list of participating museums.
Military Discount for Active Service Personnel and Veterans: $1 off each admission ticket for active duty military personnel, veterans, and their household family members. Offer valid any day. On Veterans Day, we offer free admission to active-duty military personnel, veterans, and their household family members. Valid military ID required.
Free Admission for NY K – 8 Teachers: New York Teachers (K-8) are welcome to one complimentary admission per year to preview the museum. Simply show your school ID to receive your one free admission. To learn more about booking a field trip please contact Donna Bodenstein.
AAA Discount: $1 off each admission ticket. Offer valid any day. Valid AAA membership card required.
WCNY Connect Card: 2 for 1 admission. Offer valid any day. Valid WCNY Connect Card required.
Discounted admission rates are available for group visits of 10 or more with advance reservations. In order to receive the group rate discount, you must make a reservation at least one week in advance of your visit.
Members From Other Museums
Members from other museums that participate in the ASTC Passport Program can show their membership card, with ASTC logo, and photo ID to receive free admission for the 2 adults listed on the membership card and their children living in the same household.
For Grandparent level memberships, reciprocal admission includes free admission for the 2 adults listed on the membership card and up to 2 of their grandchildren.
Members from ACM museums can show their membership card, with ACM reciprocal logo, and photo ID to receive 50% off admission for up to 6 people.
Gift certificates may be purchased in any amount and be applied toward any Sciencenter transaction (Membership, Admissions, Mini-Golf, or Sciencenter Store purchases). Gift Certificates expire 5 years from the date of purchase.
Order in person or call our front desk at 607-272-0600 ext. 0 during regular museum hours.
Gift certificates will be mailed by the next business day.
Mini-Golf (closed for the season)
|Toddlers (0 - 3)||FREE|
|Players (ages 4+)||$7.00|
- Prices above are for people only wanting to play mini-golf and not explore the museum
- Masks are required for all players ages 2+.
- Social distancing must be maintained between people from different parties while on the course.
- All mini golf clubs and balls will be sanitized after each use.
We accept cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. Last tickets sold at 3:15 pm. Sciencenter Mini-Golf is open April 1 – November 30, weather permitting.
Guest Guidelines, Sick Policy, Accessibility, Food & Drink
The Sciencenter is a Smoke Free and Tobacco Free Zone.
We ask that all guests wear a mask (ages 2+), shoes and shirts while at the Sciencenter. Please note that face shields are not acceptable forms of masks.
The Sciencenter works to provide a safe and healthy environment for all our guests. Towards this end, the following Sick Policy be followed by our guests, our staff and our volunteers.
If you or your child have a fever or are too sick to go to work or school, then you are too sick to visit the museum.
The following guidelines are more specific and we request that guests with these symptoms not visit the museum. Staff may be called upon to identify the following symptoms and to ask a guest to leave. If a guest is asked to leave, free passes to return will be given to the guest.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Symptoms such as fever, cough, and shortness of breath
- Conjunctivitis or “pink eye” infection
- Diarrhea or vomiting
- Common Cold
- Strep Throat (child must be on antibiotics for 48 hours before coming to the museum.)
- Any of the following contagious diseases: measles, mumps, rubella, roseola, and chicken pox.
Inclusion and Personal Safety
The Sciencenter is an inclusive organization that values diversity. We aspire to be an environment for our guests and our team where diversity is understood, recognized, respected, and celebrated to enrich the community overall and the individual lives of all members of the community. As a trusted community resource, we are a welcoming and sensitive place for all people regardless of gender, age, race, religious background, language, socio-economic status, ability, sexual orientation, or ethnicity.
Please let the Front Desk staff know if you have any concerns, whatsoever.
Photos and Video
In order to protect the guest experience, photography and videography is permitted at the Sciencenter for personal use only. For safety reasons, use of tripods is not allowed.
For media inquiries, or special requests such as student projects, please visit the reach out to our Public Relations
The Sciencenter strives to maintain a welcoming environment for all guests. Please let Front Desk staff know if we can help in any way.
- All of our exhibits and our outdoor playgrounds are wheelchair accessible through outdoor ramps and our indoor elevator.
- Our 18-hole mini-golf course is wheelchair accessible throughout, and adaptive golf clubs are available for use.
- Wheelchair accessible stalls are located in our lobby restrooms, and there are family restrooms on both museum levels.
- Wheelchairs are available for use from the Front Desk.
- Complimentary admission will be extended to Personal Care Attendants (PCAs) who accompany clients with disabilities.
- Service animals are welcome under ADA guidelines.
- Sunglasses and noise reduction headphones are available for sensitive eyes and ears.
- Changing tables are available in all restrooms.
- Nursing mothers are welcome to breastfeed anywhere in the museum.
A Trip to the Sciencenter: For Young Children
A Trip to the Sciencenter: For Older Children
Entering the Sciencenter
I Can Borrow a Bag: Sensory Tools at the Sciencenter
Staying Safe at the Sciencenter
First Time Visitors
The Seven Senses
Typical quiet times are weekdays from 1 – 3 PM.
At this time, for the safety of guests and staff, eating in the museum is prohibited. Our vending machine and community room are both closed, as well as our water fountains. Please bring your own water, and plan to eat before or after visiting the museum.
Please note that food and drink is not permitted in the museum galleries.