Sciencenter Volunteer Information
Sciencenter volunteers enjoy working flexible hours in an energetic, family-friendly environment. Volunteers receive full orientation and training and have opportunities to grow with the organization. The Sciencenter welcomes volunteers regardless of whether they're science aficionados or not. If you have an upbeat and positive attitude, strong oral communication skills, and a passion for learning and teaching, then consider applying to become a Sciencenter volunteer today!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Sciencenter. Regular museum floor volunteers are invited to join us and are trained at three times during the year [Fall/Winter, Spring, and Summer Seasons].
- "Bluecoat" Museum Floor Staff: Enhance the guest experience by facilitating interactions with exhibits and helping to maintain a safe, clean museum environment for all. All volunteers begin as bluecoats and have the opportunity to grow within the organization.
- Special Events: Volunteers are generally needed Monday-Saturday during the day. Shifts are typically 2-4 hours in length. Events include, but are not limited to Spooky Science, NanoDays, and school breaks.
- Museum Programming Internship: An internship with the Sciencenter Education team is a fun, interactive, and creative way of exploring science education with a variety of audiences.
- Work Study: Complete all necessary paperwork with your college/university.
- Exhibits: Assist with the construction of new exhibits and maintain existing exhibits.
Complete a Sciencenter Volunteer Application here.
If you are interested in learning more about volunteer opportunities, please email email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Group Volunteer Opportunities
Are you part of a club or organization that is interested in volunteering as a group? The Sciencenter has select opportunities throughout the year. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that requests to volunteer within the same week may not be possible.